Headaches tips from your Chiropractor inEverett
Headaches affect millions of people in theUnited States. It is one of the most common reasons people miss work each day. Here are a few simple things you can do to get rid of or avoid a headache.
- Drink water. May sound simple but drinking a full glass of water can be as good as taking a couple Advil’s for that headache.
- Slow down on the coffee. Excess coffee can create a headache. And if you drink coffee, do it consistently. If you drink it five days in a row and then skip one day you will probably get a headache.
- Avoid sitting at the computer for over 20 minutes at a time. This will affect both the neck and the eyes, each of which can give you a headache. Every 20 minutes get up and move for a minute and get a drink of water.
- Consistent sleep. This is a big one, if you are use to sleeping 8 hours and then start to fluctuate between 6 and 9 hours your sleep patterns will be disrupted and you will be more likely to get a headache. Try to go to bed and wake up around the same time each day.
- Home stretching. This is huge also, we all sit at the computer too much and the neck muscles will tighten up. Chiropractors are a great resource for education in stretching. Two or three stretches for the neck can prevent or get rid of a headache.
If you have any other questions about headaches and what chiropractic can do for them please give us a call at 425/353/7246. Advanced Chiropractic,EverettWa.